Position: Sales Director, Utilities
Ecotagious combines big data with social psychology to help utility companies meet their conservation targets and/or increase customer satisfaction. Ecotagious provides utilities’ residential customers with personalized information on how much energy they are using on each of their major appliances, how their usage compares to their peers and what specifically each customer can do if they wanted to save. This feedback is generated from Ecotagious’ proprietary smart meter data analytics that disaggregate smart meter data into appliance-level insights. Ecotagious Inc. is a fast-growing private company based in Vancouver, Canada.
We currently have an open position for a Sales Director, Utilities.
As a Sales Director at Ecotagious, you will be responsible for continuing to drive our fast growth by finding, developing and growing new business accounts in the utility sector. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who can bring initiative and experience selling cutting-edge DSM programs to utility customers!
The successful candidate would ideally work from our Vancouver office.
You are responsible for:
- Lead the development of strategies to generate new customer leads and move targets through the funnel
- Generate those new customer leads, using techniques that include but are not limited to market analysis and research
- Engage potential new customers through cold calls, emails, conference attendance, presentations and referrals
- Present the Ecotagious offering to prospective customers positioning it against competitive offerings
- Respond to RFP’s, draft proposals and negotiate contracts with customers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer enquiries
- Rigorously document communications and keep CRM databases up to date
- You have a bachelors degree at a minimum, preferably related to software, engineering, the environment and/or marketing
- You have superior written and oral communication skills and are known for being a great presenter
- You are excited about working in a start-up environment, and are ready to take ownership over a large number of tasks
- You have experience with DSM programs
- You have years of sales experience and are familiar with a variety of sales concepts, practices, dashboards and procedures
- You have existing relationships with potential utility customers who know and trust you
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You have a passion for the environment and energy conservation
- You are a team player that focuses on the team’s results – helping your team mates and asking for help when needed
- You are a self-starter with little need for handholding
- You have an uncanny ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines without getting distracted by shiny objects
- This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in an innovative and technology-oriented environment. We offer an attractive compensation package with opportunity for equity participation and significant career progression.
Send your resume to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application: Sales Director”