Position: Manager, People and Culture
Ecotagious combines big data with social psychology to help utility companies meet their conservation targets and/or increase customer satisfaction. Ecotagious provides utilities’ residential customers with personalized information on how much energy they are using on each of their major appliances, how their usage compares to their peers and what specifically each customer can do if they wanted to save. This feedback is generated from Ecotagious’ proprietary smart meter data analytics that disaggregate smart meter data into appliance-level insights. Ecotagious Inc. is a fast-growing private company based in Vancouver, Canada.
We currently have an open position for a Manager, People and Culture
As Manager, People and Culture, you’ll be responsible for defining, improving and evolving all our People and Culture operations, with an initial focus on Talent Acquisition, Performance Management and HRIS implementation.
Reporting directly to the CEO, with close collaboration across the leadership team, this is a unique opportunity to develop an innovative and highly effective People and Culture function that can help fuel Ecotagious’ continued growth and success. This is a full time position, based in our downtown Vancouver office.
What impact will you have?
As the People & Culture leader, you’ll be in demand as the HR expert across our business, handling quickly and effectively all People related needs for leadership, team leads and individuals. Given our planned growth, your first priority will be to refine, accelerate, support and guide our Talent Acquisition function including recruiting, applicant tracking, candidate evaluation, and onboarding.
The role does not stop with recruiting of course. You’ll collaborate across all levels and teams to ensure that our people are developed, engaged and highly motivated – and that Ecotagious is a truly great place to work.
Additional key responsibilities and areas of potential impact will also include:
- Leading the evolution and administration of Ecotagious’ compensation, benefits and rewards program
- Defining and delivering an innovative performance management and talent development program
- Measuring, analyzing and improving employee engagement
- Strengthening retention & development by providing guidance, coaching and best practices to people leaders
- Selecting, implementing and managing an appropriate HRIS to streamline our people processes
- Working with our Marketing team to build our employer branding and local talent visibility.
What experience and skills do you need to excel in this position?
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as HR generalist, ideally in tech, start-up or high growth environments
- Talent acquisition and candidate management experience is essential
- Demonstrated creativity and urgency in driving excellent hires in a competitive market
- Depth of knowledge in performance management, HRIS, and compensation planning a strong preference
- Self-sufficient, high initiative, proactive time manager with solid attention to detail
- Driven, positive, people-caring person, always engaging people and advocating firmly with a smile.
Why join us here?
At Ecotagious, we’re a lean and dynamic start-up company, and we’re continuing to invest in being a great place to work for all of our people – with a fun and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits, comfortable office space, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches and lots more.
Beyond the workplace, we also take pride in our position at the intersection of technology and making a positive change in the world. We don’t buy carbon credits or plant trees – our business is literally about helping people use less energy and ultimately reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Work hard, innovate, learn lots and make a difference!
Send your resume to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application: Manager, People and Culture”