Position: Full Stack Software Engineer
Ecotagious combines big data, data science and social psychology to help utility customers meet their energy savings and customer engagement targets. Its SaaS-based offering delivers industry-leading energy savings by providing utilities’ residential customers with appliance-level feedback. This feedback is generated from Ecotagious’ proprietary smart meter data analytics that disaggregate hourly smart meter data into major appliance loads.
Based in downtown Vancouver, Ecotagious offers a fun and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, a beautiful office space with great amenities, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches, and an opportunity to contribute to a successful Vancouver company that’s making a difference in the world.
We currently have an open position for a Full Stack Software Engineer starting immediately.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Ecotagious, you will be responsible for helping the team meet its software development objectives as we scale up our big data programs to drive energy conservation with our utility customers. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who likes to bring initiative and experience to solve problems systematically!
The successful candidate would work from our downtown Vancouver office.
- Extending our Powerful Insights API infrastructure in an Azure App Service Environment.
- Extending and scaling our Azure IoT Hub infrastructure.
- Implementing custom algorithms and models in SQL and C# to support program deployments.
- Extending and scaling our Powerful Insights models and algorithms.
- Developing and extending our Powerful Insights report generation engine.
- Developing and extending ETL procedures with SSIS and Azure Data Factory.
- Scaling and porting existing systems and data between data platforms including, Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouse, and SPARK on Azure Data Lake.
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or engineering.
- You are very comfortable and familiar with the Microsoft Stack, Azure, SQL and C#.
- You are efficient, keen, quality driven and love figuring new things out.
- You view constant rapid change as a growth opportunity not a threat.
- You have a passion for the environment, big data and energy conservation.
- You are a team player that focuses on the team’s results – helping your team mates and asking for help when needed.
- You have an uncanny ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines without getting distracted by shiny objects.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in an innovative and technology-oriented environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, a beautiful office space in downtown Vancouver, free Friday lunches, and opportunities for significant career progression and to make a difference in the world.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Application: Full Stack Software Engineer”